Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't Stress About Your Steps






Sunday- August 30
Things are still going really well here in Sigua.
School starts Tuesday and I am starting to get a little nervous. I wasn’t until I met some of the students on Friday and realized I could not talk to them at all! However, I fell in love with a second grader named Karen. She was precious. I loved spending time with her. I won’t be teaching her class, but I’m sure the 90 students I have will be just as precious.
I’ve already decided… when in doubt I’m just going to sing and dance. They are little kids… so they need to play and laugh. I think Bowen and I are going to try to teach them “My God is so Big.” In November (I think) they will “perform” at church and they are supposed to do things in both English and Spanish… so this song will hopefully be one of their performances. The children here memorize a lot. My first night at Destino church many of the kids from the home stood up and recited whole Psalms. Way longer pieces of scripture than I’ve ever memorized. It was impressive.
Once again church and Bible study have been great. The pastor, John, is really passionate and I enjoy hearing him. His wife, Jesse, is also really blessed to be able to translate for him like she does. They have a really neat rhythm. And- the Bible study group. They are just really encouraging and once the crazyness of school starts I’m sure they will be a safe haven. We meet on Wednesdays to do our little study… but my favorite part is the worship. A couple guitars and sometimes bongos…it just makes time with God so much more intimate.
Please continue to pray for the school. Financially I’m not sure how well things are going. I’m sure they still need sponsors for children and just help with daily functioning. So- if you want to help out in anyway please contact me (abruin0@gmail.com) or speak with Bro. Harry or my mom. Pray that through the language barrier the American teachers can show Christ’s love to all of the students, teach them English skills to help them with their future, and give them hope for impacting the world.

I love how God works… he will keep showing you something over and over again until you realize what he is doing. And this week I’ve had two things that keep showing up. Both deal with God and his plans for our life.

A piece of scripture that keeps reoccurring…
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

And a reoccurring theme in both devotional time and church…
God sees the problem and weaves his plan into it… he has the answer to the problem before we know there is a problem.
“Even when life throws the unexpected at us, it is never unexpected for God. He always has a plan... We are children of the God who sees ahead and who has already interwoven his good, sovereign plan with the strange presumptuous will of human beings.”

“Seek God’s will and determine to pursue it, but don’t stress about your steps. He always puts them in order.”

How great is it to know that whatever we are going through (or will go through) God has already figured out how we are going to make it through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment