Monday, August 24, 2009


Sunday, August 16, 2009
We safely arrived in San Pedro Sula Saturday morning and met up with Rhonda and Carlos. The past two days have been relaxing. We have just settled into our house, went grocery shopping, and are just getting to know each other. We have not seen Destino yet, but we go first thing in the morning.
Church this morning was a blessing. Zoe attended the church when she was here last spring. The American pastor preached in English while his wife translated in Spanish. It was a strong sermon about how as Christians we should be eager to spread the news of Christ (much like we would spread other good news in our life). We shouldn’t hide the news or doubt that God can change people.
The language barrier here makes me feel incompetent, but with time I will pick up more Spanish and hopefully become more comfortable in settings such as the grocery store (man… is that intimidating).
Overall everything is going really well. Continue to pray for Sigua, the school and the orphanage at Destino, Zoe, Amanda, and myself.

Thursday, August 20, 2009
This week has been amazing. We are mainly doing training and preparing at the school and trying to set up our house. School doesn’t start until September 1, so I haven’t met any of my students yet. We did get to meet the Destino children just for a few moments and they were precious.
God has just really shown me a lot this week and I feel really blessed do be here doing his work. Besides the church being wonderful on Sunday we also went to a Bible study last night that was really uplifting. There were about 20 young people, mainly Americans, but also Canadians, Hondurans, and even some Brits. We are supposed to meet every week and go through a study (something about group life). I’m really looking forward to it.
I’m adjusting well to life, but I expect the homesickness to hit me in a few weeks or even months from now. But, even thinking about the “lows” that I know I will run into… I just have this huge amount of peace about the whole year.
So- be praying for the start of school! Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment