Monday, August 24, 2009

Pythons, Bulls, and Chickens... Oh my?










So, I have been in Honduras for 9 days now (I think) and it has been fabulous. I am really enjoying this experience. I haven’t got to play with any kids yet and that makes me sad, but school starts next Tuesday (September 1). Today was an amusing day. While at school there was a random huge cow that came through the gates and was just right by the front office. And then there were quite a few on the playground. Then a really large snake was caught in the hen house (I think) and they brought it over to show us. I would honestly estimate it to be about 5 feet long. Hopefully you can see a picture. It was wild. Then, on our way home Amanda and I wanted to stop and try a baleado (a tasty little Honduran thin tortilla, bean, and cheese thing). While waiting for our baleado Bowen noticed two large bulls fighting on the soccer field. Children just kept playing soccer and neither really seemed to notice the other.

The playground and some cows.
I missed the photo of the bulls actually fighting with their horns… and just got them walking away.

Yay for climing trees in our backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment