Saturday, September 5, 2009

Part Retriever/ Part Beaver


Picture: Destino Teachers Mallori (4th, 5th, and music), Zoe (2nd and 3rd), Bowen, and me.
Tonight was fantastic! Bowen and I had plans to go to San Pedro for the big Honduras soccer game. However, God had other plans (here lately I have been seeing his other plans more frequently…. it is a blessing). Instead, we ended up going to the church picnic where not only did we have good food and good fellowship, but we met two amazing warm, loving, Godly women that really touched me.
Karen and Shannon are from Missouri and were visiting Sigua to do a seminar for women on personality types. Not only after meeting us did they invest time into understanding why we were in Honduras, but they also ran through the seminar just for us. I learned that I am part Golden Retriever part Beaver. This discussion really meant a lot to me because it helped me learn more about myself, but also about my roommates, and even the students in my classes. The ladies also prayed over our home when they brought us home. It means a lot to meet sisters in Christ and have them immediately whole-heartedly invest in your life.
I am so glad God did not want me to go the soccer game. I would have never learned this stuff standing in a stadium.
Ahh yes… and school has begun. We taught for four days. The first day was crazy! My youngest students were very ape-like. They would run out of the classroom, the lunch room, any where we tried to keep them contained. Some cried the whole time… I don’t know if they missed their parents or if the crazy Gringas were just scary because they were speaking another language. However, as the week went on it got a little better. My two older classes are precious (there are rowdy children… but it is all worth while). And… I enjoy the bus rides where I sit next to students and get to love on them. I might not have a positive impact on all 90 of my students… but I know God will touch some of their lives through me and that is what keeps me going.
I am so thankful to be here. And I thank God for everyone that is praying for me back home and supporting me financially. You all are truly awesome!

Love you all!

Check out Psalm 91

No comments:

Post a Comment