Sunday, October 25, 2009

Constantly being reminded and amazed of God's love

Wow! What an incredible journey this has been so far. Mainly I want to take time to say thank you to everyone who continues to support me. Your prayers mean so much to me. My 2 months in Honduras have been wonderful. God has blessed me in so many ways with this transition and I know that each of your prayers helps me every day. I e-mailed this to Bro. Harry to read to FBC, but I also want everyone who supports me to be able to read it. Please know that I will never be able to thank you enough for your love and support over these past few months.


To the congregation at First Baptist Church! ¡Buenas dias! I hope all is going well back in Kentucky. I just wanted to thank you for all of your prayer, love, and financial support over the past 3 months. You have been such a blessing to me, my roommates, and especially the school. I would have never imagined the ripple that Destino del Reino has made on my life, the students lives, the teachers lives, and even the lives of people back home. I want to also thank you for sponsoring one of my kinder students. His name is Osman Eliel and he just turned 5 years old. He is a really great kid that God is preparing to do awesome things with! He is smart and loves English. He brightens my day. The church is sponsoring him for $60 a month which provides him the transportation to the school, his two school uniforms, shoes, underclothes, a warm lunch everyday, the chance to learn Spanish and English, and to learn about God’s love everyday. I have been so inspired by God’s love since I’ve been down here. It has been a life changing experience. I have realized how important it is to focus on other people and just love people in anyway possible. People sometimes give up on themselves, so we as Christians shouldn’t. I encourage you to find ways to genuinely love people that you come into contact with; whether it be an encouraging word, a great big smile or hug, great conversation over a warm meal, or even things like paying for someone’s gas, buying someone’s groceries while shopping at Wyatts, or buying the persons food behind you in line. Random acts of kindness like this can really change people’s lives. First Baptist is the light house—so let each of your lights shine brightly. So, in closing- love random people, love people who need it, love those beside you, love those who have hurt your, and love those who are different from you. The greatest commandment is to love God and love your neighbor. Thank you again for being a blessing to my life. I can’t wait to see everyone in December.
Amanda
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:6

Als0-- a huge thank you to Northern Elementary who raised over $1200 for Destino. I am posting a Thank You video--






Southern Elementary is beginning their change drive next week- I have started a blog for them Southern and Destino Unite as we try to incorporate a little bit of Destino into the classes at Southern. I look forward to this partnership and to the direction it may go.

I am also starting a blog for the sponsors of the Prepatoria and Primero students sponsors. Amanda is doing Kinder and I will be doing the older two grades. I hope to update them monthly and add pictures and stories and ways the sponsors can specifically pray for their kids.

Shhhhewww-- that is a lot of blogging! But, God is good!




Since I wrote last time I....

Traveled to Cuevatas. A small mountain villiage 3 1/2 hrs away from Siguatepeque (though the trip there took over 5 hrs) where I saw over 26 baptisms and one Honduran wedding. It was a really fun Sunday afternoon. The baptisms just took my breath away! It was so cool to see all kinds of people pouring over the hill to come to the small spot in the river close to a waterfall where Pastor Jon and Pastor Hector baptized people from both of their congregations.




I also made delicious Chicken and Dumplings-- watch out Mom. Mine could give yours a run for your money.
It got cold. Okay, not cold- but for Hondurans 70* means bundle up in scarves, hats, and gloves ALL DAY. It was so funny the kids were dressed like this throughout the whole day. It was chilly for about 2 days, but it has warmed back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment