Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is the way I live...

Wow! So a lot has happened since November 17th!!


We had Thanksgiving here... forever ago. Actually I had 2 Thanksgivings here. They were delicious... and we had turkey at both.




November and December were cold. Very cold.






Then December came... and brought with it news of passport extension rejection. So we had been given 90 days when we entered the country, applied for an extension and got 30 extra days, sent them off again for another 30 days and they had changed the law (or something). So, between being illegal in Honduras, fear of airport junk, and the fee for being illegal and ticket changes- we ended up having an extra week in America.


Christsmas break was great! Busy. But very very good. I got to see a lot of people and do a lot of Americany things. We had a great Christmas Cantata at the Falmouth School Center to help raise money for me to stay down here. It has really been a blessing to live off of faith. Raising money to come live here for a year seemed so scary-- and God provided so quickly.



January....
Started off rough. Very rough. I almost couldn't board the plane because of Visa problems. They wanted me to buy a return ticket within the 90 day visa. I have to leave the country in March... and didn't have proof of it. It was horrible. But, luckily Bowen had already checked in through a kiosk. So-- we finally got me checked in through a kiosk and then the man at the baggage check wouldn't check me in because he knew what was going on. I was like SERIOUSLY. So a manager came and did it. We boarded-- and it sunk in that I was leaving again... for 7 months.

So Saturday, Jan 2 was a very bleh day. I hadn't slept in forever so I slept on both planes and most of the way in the truck (thankfully because the highways in Honduras still scare me). We got to Sigua and things were just weird. Zoe and I walked around while Bowen slept off the awkwardness.
Things quickly got better when the kids came to school Tuesday. And since then things have been pretty amazing. I have loved being back with my kids. Well... kinder is still crazy- but we did manage to have a few really good days this week.

I brought back toothbrushes and toothpaste for our prepa kids... and I have a lot more that needs to be sent down here. When I asked I never imagined how much would be donated! Again... another blessing.

Primero had a pizza with macaroni and cheese party thanks to the children and staff at Small World Daycare!

About 10 neighborhood kids showed up at our gates wanting platernas. They also want to learn English. So-- we will see if they come back!

A few awkward things happened... between then and now. But- we will fast forward to now.


Today we got to visit Destino which was awesome! We played with the kids and it was really fun to hang out with them outside of class. We finished off the day by going to eat at Las Cabanas where I ate Gringas-- pretty tastey.












So that is a very short summary of the past 3 months or so. Keep praying for Destino, the students, and the staff!
Love you all!















No comments:

Post a Comment